Chardham by Helicopter - 4N/5D
Our Chardham Heli-tour encompasses every little detail, comfort & charge you’ll encounter on your entire yatra. Join Sanshant Aerofly Services on this sacred pilgrimage by booking on per seat basis, & get set for a journey of a lifetime.
Duration: 5 Nights / 6 Days (Including complimentary stay at Dehradun)
Itinerary: Dehradun ➝ Yamunotri ➝ Gangotri ➝ Kedarnath ➝ Badrinath ➝ Dehradun
Operational During: May to June (Pre-monsoon), Sep to Oct (Post-monsoon).
1,75,000 (TAX INCLUSIVE) PER PERSON
This package includes:
- Helicopter Flying From And To Dehradun.
- Hemkund Sahib Aerial Darshan.
- Complimentary Stay At Dehradun On Your Date Of Arrival (Meals Not Included) This Additional Night Makes Our Heli-tour A 5n/6d Tour.
- Airport & Hotel Transfers At Dehradun.
- Local Transportation.
- Accommodation For 4 Nights On Ap Basis (All Meals Included).
- Palki/pony At Yamunotri (Subject To Availability).
- Maha Abhishek At Badrinath Ji (On Request).
- Rudra Abhishek At Kedarnath Ji (On Request).
1. Maha-Abhishek Puja:
• INR 4,300/Person (approx.).
• Booking for the same is done on direct payment basis at Dehradun.
2. Rudra-Abhishek Puja:
• INR 6,500 for 05 People (approx.).
• Booking for the same is done on direct payment basis at Dehradun.
3. Booking of Scheduled/Non-scheduled flights to Dehradun:
• Price on request.
• While we take care of your entire Chardham tour, our team can further assist you in booking your air-tickets to Dehradun as well.
4. Haridwar, Rishikesh or Mussorie visit:
• INR 6,000 for 06 People
• Booking for the same is to be done at the time of booking of your Chardham tour.
• Flying in hills is subject to weather conditions. And in regard to our Chardham operations, we would like to bring to your kind attention that flight cancellations & other inconveniences due to weather are very much likely since weather is extremely unpredictable in the hills.
• Passengers should come prepared to face the eventualities which can arise by bad weather/force majeure problems.
• Force Majeure situations include cases of bad weather, low visibility for flying, delayed Air Traffic Clearances/Permissions, VVIP movements, valley flying by Indian Air Force (NOTAM), sudden occurrence of technical snag in aircraft, illness of flying crew or late reporting of the guests at the helipads, among others.
• Further please note, in case of bad weather/force majeure situation, we will operate as per our policies mentioned in the ‘Terms & Conditions’ & ‘Important Guidelines & Policies’ sections.
We operate Airbus AS350 B3 single engine helicopters. This helicopter is known for its high-altitude performance. The helicopter can seat a total of 6 passengers, maximum total weight permissible is 450 kgs
Since your Chardham yatra is only for 4 days, the body may not get enough time to acclimatize and adjust to the low oxygen levels, therefore you must not exert yourself, go slow and always catch your breath. If anyone exerts themselves too much too quickly, depending on individual fitness levels, some of the common high altitude sicknesses and their symptoms are listed below:
( 1 ) Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS): AMS is the most common form of mountain sickness and may occur after you ascend to altitudes above 2500 m.
Symptoms: Breathing problems, headache, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, weakness, dizziness and difficulty in sleeping.
( 2 ) High Altitude Cerebral Edema (HACE): HACE is a severe form of AMS and occurs due to swelling of the brain tissue which may eventually impair the brain. The illness often manifests itself at night and may result in coma/ death within hours.
Symptoms: Breathing problems, headache, fatigue, visual impairment, bladder dysfunction, bowel dysfunction, disorientation and partial paralysis.
( 3 ) High Altitude Pulmonary Edema (HAPE): HAPE results in respiratory failure due to accumulation of fluid in the lungs. HAPE manifests itself at night (typically the second night of climbing in high altitude areas), progresses rapidly and may lead to fatality within hours.
Symptoms: Shortness of breath even when resting, persistent dry cough, bright red stained sputum, weakness, fatigue, drowsiness, chest tightness, congestion and increased heart rate. Younger people are held to be more susceptible to this ailment as, in exuberance, they are inclined to over exert while trekking.
• Passengers have to mandatorily follow the government prescribed measures in regards to COVID-19. Without adhering to the same, boarding shall be denied by Sanshant Aerofly Services without any refunds.
Our Heli Tours are not available for the following VIP’s:
- Speaker Lok Sabha
- Dy. Chairperson Rajya Sabha
- Central Ministers of Cabinet Rank
- C J I Supreme Court
- Governors of State
- Chief Ministers of State
- State Ministers of Cabinet Rank
- SPG Protectees – Z category only.
• Flying in hills are subject to many Force Majeure factors like delayed Air Traffic Clearances/Permissions, VVIP movements, valley flying by Indian Air Force (NOTAM), bad weather, sudden occurrence of technical snag in aircraft, illness of flying crew or late reporting of the guests at the helipads, among others.
• Our company shall not be liable for any medical emergency on the ground to the party. Therefore, in your own interest, guests are hereby advised to kindly consult a doctor and get medical check-up done before commencing the yatra. Medical check-up is mainly required if a guest has any medical ailment/condition.
• Any donations, tips, pitthu, palki/pony and porter charges shall be borne by the guests.
• Passengers travelling together may not travel in the same helicopter flight, as we may have to shuffle passengers in helicopter flights to manage the total weight of the aircraft.
• Himalayan Heli Services reserves the right to cancel passengers, who are unruly, abusive, intoxicated, sick, mentally unfit or anyone else whom we deem to be unsafe to fly. No refund shall be done to such passenger(s).
• Guests are required to pay 100% of the additional charges before the commencement of tour. Passengers would not be allowed to board or commence the tour, without paying the full and final payable amount.
CARRIAGE BY AIR ACT, 1972
The carriage is subject to Sanshant Aerofly Services regulations relating to the conditions of Non-International Carriage (Passenger and Baggage) framed in accordance with The Carriage by Air Act, 1972 and Notification regarding application of the carriage which is non-international. The liability of the company for damage sustained in the event of the death or wounding of a passenger or any other bodily injury suffered by passenger or by his registered baggage during the course of carriage by air will be governed by the provisions of sections 4,5,6 and the rules contained in the second Schedule of Carriage by Air Act 1972 with certain exceptions, adaptations, modifications, etc as notified in the Govt. of India, Ministry of Civil Aviation Notification and as amended from time to time.
NO AERIAL PHOTOPGRAPHY
Aerial Photography from Helicopter is illegal and punishable by law and photography at the helipad is strictly prohibited.
Infant below 2 years/12kg are carried free of charge. In case of verification of age, ID proof/birth certificate of the child shall be checked.
Only one handbag weighing a maximum of 5 kgs is allowed per passenger.
HELICOPTER WEIGHT LIMTATION
Passengers would be taken on board depending up on the load and temperature conditions. Pilots call will be final. Maximum weight capacity of the helicopter is 450 kg (excluding baggage weight) at these destinations. All passengers on board must be within this limit. Hence, passengers are advised to provide us their exact weights at the time of booking and carry baggage within the permissible limit.
The maximum seating capacity for our helicopters is 06 passengers + 01 Crew.
Disputes as to legality, interpretation, application, or performance of service or any of its terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Delhi Jurisdiction.
The booking has to be done in advance with a deposit of 10% of the total amount. Balance payment has to be deposited at least 14 days prior to the date of arrival at Dehradun.
RESCHEDULING OF BOOKING
Rescheduling your travel date to any future or prior date, will be done subject to availability and on payment of 10% of the total tour cost. This will be permitted only if informed at least 07 days before arrival date. In case the rescheduling is requested in less than 07 days prior to the arrival, then the booking would be treated as cancelled and a fresh booking will be given subject to availability.
If passengers wish to cancel their booking, following refund policy shall be applicable –
- More than 15 days before the departure date — 70% of total tour cost will be refunded.
- Between 08th to 15th day before departure date — 50% of total tour cost will be refunded.
- Up to 07th day before the departure date — No Refund.
- No show – No Refund.
- Cancellation after commencement of Tour – No Refund.
FORCE MAJEURE/BAD WEATHER REFUNDS:
- Tour Cost: 25% of total tour base price per unutilized travel sector, minus INR 10,000 per person per sector toward the flight preparation and ground arrangement charges.
- Additional Services: Deduction of any additional services provided at any of the Dhams during the tour of the guests will be deducted over & above the refundable Tour Cost.
- Refund against any unutilized service would not be calculated separately and be added to the refundable amount. Sanshant Aerofly Services pays retention charges to all the vendors at each of the Dham, in case of non-usage of services.
BAD WEATHER/FORCE MAJEURE SITUATIONS POLICY:
- In case passengers are not able to reach Dehradun due to any international/national/state emergency, 100% refund of the total tour cost shall be done by Sanshant Aerofly Services without any levy of charge.
- Where bad weather, technical snags, or any force majeure reason beyond Sanshant Aerofly Services ’ control results in the cancellation of your flight being delayed or cancelled, Sanshant Aerofly Services will not be liable in any way for the cancelled or delayed flight. However, refund will be given to clients as per our refunds policy. Any kind of inconvenience caused because of cancellation of flights is beyond the control of the operator. No compensation or reimbursement for accommodation, transportation, meals, or any other travel expenses done by the guests shall be offered in the event of cancellation of a flight.
- After commencement of tour, if the aircraft has to return mid-way due to weather/force majeure conditions, guests will be charged for the flying time of the sector getting cancelled @ INR 90,000/hr plus GST, over & above the additional services rendered to the guest.
- New Chardham passenger(s) scheduled for departure from Dehradun on any respective travel date shall be our top priority, over the back-log passenger(s) of previous days(s).
- Our obligation toward this tour is up to the 4N5D period of your Chardham yatra. Under no circumstance, Sanshant Aerofly Services shall increase the 4N5D period for the guests, since we have advance bookings every day, hence carry forward of passengers will not be possible. In the mentioned period, Sanshant Aerofly Services shall try to cover maximum Dhams for the guests that is possible, subject to weather conditions and other operational barriers.
- Additional night halt charges shall be payable by the guests to hotel on direct payment basis, who continue to stay in the hotel accommodation arranged by Sanshant Aerofly Services during the bad weather day halts.
- Dehradun night stay is only a complimentary stay provided by us. The actual flying commences from day 02 of the tour.
- In case for 05 straight days there is no flying due to any force majeure reason, guests will be given full refund toward the Heli-tour booking, minus the flight preparation charges (as per the cancellation/refunds policy).
- We shall try to cover the maximum Dhams possible for the guests in the 4N5D tour period in case any force majeure disturbance occurs. And, for the unutilized Chardham sectors, guests would be given refund by Sanshant Aerofly Services as per our refunds policy.
- Sanshant Aerofly Services shall not fly to Harsil after 1200 hrs, under any circumstance, due to turbulent wind conditions.
- In case force majeure disturbance pertains remains for most part of the day, we shall plan the flights in the best possible way, subject to the remaining time-at-hand during the day, the operational restrictions and the weather forecast/conditions on the respective date. Planning of flights is as per the sole discretion of Sanshant Aerofly Services crew.
- Sanshant Aerofly Services shall solely decide the planning of flights for the Chardham groups, since we have to cater for multiple number of groups, that are stranded at each Dham in case of Bad weather/Force Majeure situation.
- No additional ferry flights shall be borne by Sanshant Aerofly Services Pvt. Ltd. under any circumstance. If any passenger(s) require ferry flights to be operated for them in emergency on personal request, cost for the same shall be charged to the party @ INR 90,000/hr plus GST.
- In regards to the guests stranded at Kharsali/Harsil/Kedarnath/Badrinath, if any group requests to cancel their tour on their own desire and come down before their scheduled return date, the arrangement of vehicle for their return journey by road shall be done by Sanshant Aerofly Services , however, cost for the same shall be borne by the guests on direct payment basis. No refunds are applicable in case guests wish to cancel & return mid-tour.
• Any increase in government levied taxes/royalties after the confirmation of booking, would be extra chargeable to the guests. Payment of any increase in government levy will be mandatory before the commencement of tour.
• Bookings will be taken, considering there is acceptance of the above-mentioned terms & conditions by the party.